[bestbits] IGF plus

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Sep 4 08:21:06 EDT 2013

On 04/09/2013, at 9:13 PM, Anja Kovacs <anja at internetdemocracy.in> wrote:

> That was indeed what I had in mind, Anriette, as well as linking more theoretical discussions or discussions of principles (which we do need to have at times) to these specific mechanisms we are developing and/or engaging in.
>
> And that is the problem with the OECD: it is much less clear to me how we can make this particular discussion a concrete and outcome oriented one. I have seen the debate about the OECD play out on various lists (even if without resolution, I think a discussion has been had), and don't yet see where there could be common ground to move forward among the varous stances that seem to exist on the OECD.
>
> If there are any proposals in this regard, I would of course be happy to hear them.

The OECD has a rather dense set of process of its own, which are covered a different coalition, viz. CSISAC (though there is significant cross membership with Best Bits).  It is hard to simply "dip your toes" into what goes on at the OECD, and I don't suggest we try to do so.  However better reporting from CSISAC to its own members and broader civil society is definitely needed (its website is two years out of date, to start with), and something that we are trying to make happen.  As always, resource constraints apply.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.