DMP} Re: [Final draft for final comments] Letter to Pres. Rousseff Re: [bestbits] [governance] Dilma Rousseff's speech at UN

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Sep 26 10:22:33 EDT 2013

Joana Varon <joana at varonferraz.com> wrote:

> Ok. so here is what we will do.
>
> 1) Item 4 will be changed to:
> "Reinforce our support for an extension into broader spheres of
> Internet Governance of the experiences from the Brazilian
> multistakeholder model of Internet
> governance, led by CGI.br",
>
> 2) Jeremy and I will send an email noting it to all the people who
> already endorsed, noting this change and giving them the posibility
> to withdraw their support (which I think will be unlikely). Well,
> thats not the ideal process to do that. But, we will be happy to have
> ICG, APC, etc  supporting the statement and more important, we got
> your points on the dangerous of the current version.
>
> OK????

Sounds good to me, i.e. I'll be happy to both endorse this re-revised
version personally and post a 2nd formal consensus call on the IGC
list, with optimism that it'll go through.

By when do need the definitive decision of IGC? (Since short-notice
consensus calls are problematic, and they get more problematic the
shorter the notice gets, I'd like to give as much time as possible,
even if it means getting up in the middle of the night for finalization
of the process.)

Greetings,
Norbert