[governance] [bestbits] [letter to Dilma Rousseff] merging threads from IGC and BB

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Sep 26 09:01:43 EDT 2013

On 26/09/2013, at 8:57 AM, Anja Kovacs <anja at internetdemocracy.in> wrote:
> I was very happy with the compromise initially found for point number 4 but will not be able to support the letter if this is replaced by the shorter version as this refers to multistakeholderism only in the Brazilian context and thus does  not in any way assuage the concerns I have expressed earlier, esp since the intro of the statement contains blanket support for Dilma's speech. I would therefore really appreciate if we can go back to the earlier text. If not, I will be extremely sad not to be able to support this important and valuable statement. Really deeply sorry about that.

Would both you and Parminder and others be happy if it were "Reinforce our support for the Brazilian multistakeholder model for Internet governance as led in Brazil by CGI.br"?

Otherwise, it looks as though we will lose some endorsements either with the old formulation or the new one.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.