[Final draft for final comments] Letter to Pres. Rousseff Re: [bestbits] [governance] Dilma Rousseff's speech at UN

Joana Varon joana at varonferraz.com
Thu Sep 26 06:22:01 EDT 2013

Hi Louis and Parminder,

Until now you were the only ones that didnt agree fully with the texto, due
to paragraph 4. From what I've got:

- Parminder has a stronger take that THE Brazilian model should be extended
to the world.

- Louis said that we should remove that mention on the text.

Before we start drafting the text, the issue about of multilateral vs
multistakeholderism was raised and we came to a conclusion that though its
not the time to criticize this specific point of Dilma's speech, we should
reinforce our support for developing models for a multistakeholder approach
on IG, also having CGI experiences as a inspiration.

Having in mind that for a broader endorsement we need to reach this middle
ground, would you be fine with the actual version or want to submit changes
in the language that don't affect this (middle ground) meaning? Thanks a
lot for the understanding.

best

joana

Joana Varon Ferraz