[bestbits] IGF plus

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Sep 2 04:21:42 EDT 2013

On 28/08/2013, at 3:17 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> Fully support this. Lets give one full day to this...

(Sorry for the delayed response, I've been travelling until my return to
the office today.)  We don't have one full day available for this at the
Best Bits meeting, unless we take out other things that people want to
do, but I've added this as a sub-item to the draft agenda for Bali for
the Day 1 morning, under the rather broad heading "Global Internet
governance principles, enhanced cooperation and the IGF".

Since you (and Valeria) are nominated as facilitators of that session,
you can guide us in suggesting the appropriate emphasis between
sub-topics for discussion.  Most surely, we could spend a full week
rather than two days if we were to cover everything in the depth it
deserves.

I'll also follow up directly with the two of you (and the steering
committee, and separately the other nominated facilitators) about this.
Meanwhile I'm working on getting the registration system going, and
Access are working on crowd funding for those who need support to
participate.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge
hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/> | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
<http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational>

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.

*WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.