[bestbits] [governance] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Oct 10 10:41:08 EDT 2013

I am great votary of both (1) civil society jumping headlong into all
*important* *global* IG processes, whether *UN or not*, and (2) fluid
agendas ...

However cant but note a point. I had earlier repeatedly called for us to
look into OCED's CICCP related *global* Internet policy development
processes and its outcomes, and the process and outcomes of the Seoul
cyber conference (or the London and Budapest series).... In fact I kept
insisting  that we do so .... But with a very lukewarm response if any.....

How do we square such cascading support for taking charge of the
Brazil's new proposed (hardly born yet) process with this earlier
attitude....

Why is that all processes where developing countries have important, or
even significant, role require urgent examination and intervention, but
those led by developed countries perhaps considered, what is it,
friendly, safe ..... ??

Now, before anyone gets offended.... let me say, no personal offence
intended, mine is (and is always) a political statement in  a political
space.... And I cant but do what I consider is my job as political civil
society, with strong leanings towards Southern and other marginalised
interests.

Thanks for understanding, parminder