Secret vs CS list (was Re: process Re: [bestbits] [Meeting Report]: friday meeting with fadi et all)

Daniel Pimienta pimienta at funredes.org
Thu Oct 31 09:13:58 EDT 2013

> > > I would have no problem with a closed-but-public list, i.e.,
> one with restricted subscription but publicly visible archives
I agree.

>If by interference you mean outsiders' unwanted participation in our
>internal discussions,
Exact.

>such a list would suffice to keep them out without compromising our
>commitment to transparency.
Yes in theory.

In practice the issue of deciding who is allowed to subscribe is not
a piece of cake as some players clearly minded by .com or .gov
interest can easily argue they belong to some .org as an alibi.
It is then a question or very explicit (and complex) defined rules or
may be more efficient a community decision based on consensus on each request.

believed to be clean.