[governance] [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Oct 18 18:15:05 EDT 2013

Hi,

In a sense, good questions that could be asked of any group whether it was intergovernmental, industry, civil society or multistakeholder.  If you think a UN based group is going to don its blue helmets and go deal with these issues, just look at the threshold one needs to reach before the UN deal with situation were people who are being killed in the various genocidal

Besides I do not think there are many here who want to go to war on this issues.

In another sense, I think these question might better be cast as issues for work to be done:

How can these multistakeholder  organizations ...

And then we can spend our time on figuring out how do it.

I would contend that multistakeholder organizations bringing, as they might if they worked on these orphaned problems. all the capabilities of all stakeholders (including those IGOs) into play, have a better chance of finding peaceful solutions than the UN blue helmets.

avri