[bestbits] [governance] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Oct 10 11:05:51 EDT 2013

It could be a great idea - and it's certainly not a terrible one. WSIS was, indeed, run along those lines with (many) parallel civil society convening a an alternative civil society declaration coming out of it.

Obvious challenges: the fact that civil society organising structures have crumbled since then, the lack of funding, the short time scale to organise...

Could FFTF/IDL join us in Bali, in person or remotely? It is really important for the rest of us to connect with your community, I feel.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, consumer advocate, geek