[governance] Re: [bestbits] Formation of a joint steering Committee - as received

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Fri Nov 29 08:20:54 EST 2013

HI all

I agree with Jeremy about the need for adequate consultation time for
future nomination processes that affect a range of networks. I think we
have all taken this on board given the convergence of issues to organize
around the last weeks.

Forming a joint Coordination Committee for future IGF/MAG or the Brazil
Meeting sorts of representation is great so long as a range of networks
are represented: So far we have IGC, BB, Diplo, IRP who have all been
active so far and should all have their rep in this new formation. And
if there are others to include we need to ask them before things get too
rushed.

It implies another list (gulp), and another working group that overlaps
several lists. But for this specific task of ensuring a broad and rich
based of CS candidates on these various committees, which may or may
note include letter-writing, joining forces here is a good move.

I will take this to the IRP SC as we need to consider who can be our
representative there once it takes shape. I assume other networks want
to do the same.

Will report back as soon as poss.

best
MF

--
Professor Marianne Franklin
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program