[bestbits] Formation of a joint steering Committee - as received

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri Nov 29 00:58:08 EST 2013

all I would add Adam was that  by the time all names had been gathered from multiple lists we had less than 48 hours to arrive at combined names to meet the deadline – the London meeting is only 2 weeks away. So this called for a pretty quick methodology. (and this at a time when people were travelling from ICANN meetings etc and working through time zones).

I should add that in addition to the two candidates mentioned we will be arguing strongly for Jovan to also be included as an independent facilitator.

Our other option in the time frame, I think, was to do nothing.

I should add that Anriette was not involved in any decision to include her name. That was a unanimous decision from others who participated.

Yes, an imperfect process. But one that gave us good well supported names in a very  limited timeframe.

Ian