[bestbits] FW: [OGP] fw URGENT: Call for signatures on Surveillance statement

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 06:12:48 EST 2013

An interesting sign on letter below from our fraternal CS cousins in the
Open Government Partnership process.

The sign on letter is I think of particular interest in that it calls for
transparency around surveillance to be built into national OGP
plans/commitments. (evidently there was a significant dust-up between Indian
Right to Information activist Aruna Roy and John Kerry over transparency,
open government and surveillance as a highlight of the just concluded OGP
event in London.