[bestbits] Transparency issue: private list with open archives

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Nov 1 23:19:01 EDT 2013

Hi,

Some questions that occur to me about this compromise:

- how is 'sensitive discussion' defined?

- Will a new sensitive discussion topic be announced with an explanation of why it has been defined as sensitive?  This would allow for additional bona-fide civil society participants to joint the secret group.

- how are civil society bona-fides defined and
- what degree of purity is required?

- would the reporting back include a Chatham House rule restricted explanation of the discussion behind the decisions, once they are de-classified?

- will the list of people participating in the secret list be made public?

thanks

avri