[bestbits] [very quick follow up] I*coalition/dialogue = 1net

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 08:31:31 EST 2013

Hi people

>  I think this is congruent with what I thought we were looking to have,
> which was:
>
> The 4 who interface on the summit (with Brazilian government, CGI.br,
> etc.), who were selected during our meeting at the IGF and who have had the
> initial engagement with the "coalition",  and

This part holds

> (eventually) another set of persons who would substitute the 4 above to
> represent civil society in the "coalition"/1net (or whatever it is being
> called) going forward.

At the moment we opted for the BR4, the only issue on the table was a
meeting in Brazil.  But things have moved  and rather fast.  The Coalition
is  the new space and will certainly last longer than the Brazil event.

> Is this the general understanding?

The 1Net list is now open, wo eveyone can engage. So  I see that the
openness takes weight off our BR4. They can concentrate their energies in
working in the framework of the meeting in Brazil.  Then the broader CS can
engage a discussion its representation on the steering of 1Net