[bestbits] [very quick follow up] I*coalition/dialogue = 1net

matthew shears mshears at cdt.org
Wed Nov 13 05:35:57 EST 2013

Thanks Joana to you and others for keeping us apprised.

Couple of comments:

2) If we have not already done so, I think it might be useful to
formally identify the four representatives to the Brazilian government
as the interfaces for civil society (or some appropriate wording)
indicating that this is a follow-on from our discussions with them at
the IGF etc.

3) it is important that the discussion on 1net documents either take
place in an open manner or take place in a clearly defined and equally
balanced multi-stakeholder group (steering or whatever).  At the moment
they appear to be being drafted in public and private.

5) + 1 - we should participate *and shape* until that time we can make a
decision based on facts.   That said, actual documents we can contribute
to in a transparent way need to be available and participation
mechanisms that enable equally balanced engagement need to be put in
place.  We need to have these asap.

Matthew

mshears at cdt.org
+44 (0) 771 247 2987