[bestbits] [very quick follow up] I*coalition/dialogue = 1net

Joana Varon joana at varonferraz.com
Tue Nov 12 09:09:57 EST 2013

Dear all,

Hello! Sorry for being away on bb threads, I was offline for a few days,
I´m catching up with the other emails, but please, find here quick updates
on the debates about the I*coalition/dialogue, which now is being called
dialogue or 1net:

Wisely, the archive and the subscription process to the list is now open to
anyone. Subscriptions here https://nro.net/mailman/listinfo/i-coordination.
Archives accessible here https://nro.net/pipermail/i-coordination/

Also, a website called 1net.org was put in place and sent by Adiel to the
list, who asked for comments. A note will go out in the next days to those
who attended wider meetings in Bali to sign up via the website.

Work of the 1net dialogue shall be divided in two tracks:

- Brazilian summit (that part of the coalition/dialogue, particularly
business, remains calling meeting). For that, the dialogue, following our
move in Bali, is also suggesting to have 3 representatives from each
stakeholder (civil society, business, technical community), to identify 3
representatives to participate in the preparations.

- Overall dialogue, were the first step will be exchanges to establish a
dialogue (or 1net) steering committee to help prepare any materials for
discussion/coordinate with the broader community.  On my perception,
reaching balance on this steering committee will be vital to assess our
level of engagement in the dialogue. The issue of representativeness of CS
will knock again on our doors.

Hope it helps

All the best,

joana