[bestbits] Re: [webwewant] 2-pager on NSA-related advocacy options and reform proposals

Anne Jellema anne at webfoundation.org
Tue Jun 18 11:35:01 EDT 2013

Thanks Kevin - this is really useful. Any thoughts about what form public
advocacy to the companies should or could take? And what about timing: when
would be the right moment to start shifting some public & media focus onto
the companies?
What do others think about how to divide our global efforts - which seems
more strategic/impactful, targeting UN and national human rights
institutions (follow-up on the UN HRC statement, aiming to get the HRC to
launch a full investigation and report) or targeting companies? In an ideal
world it would be 'both, and', but capacities and resources are limited.
best
Anne