[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] How to target companies, and other follow-up ideas [WAS: Re: Delivery of international civil society letter to Congress]

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Jun 14 07:50:08 EDT 2013

On 14/06/13 18:37, Ginger Paque wrote:
> I agree strongly with Marianne here. Yes, some of us receive multiple
> copies: that is our choice. I would rather see the discussion on
> several lists and reach a wider group, than have it closed off because
> we might choose not to subscribe to yet another list. If anyone does
> not know how to create filters and folders, I know there are people on
> the lists who are willing to help.

On the other hand, it actually obliges everyone to subscribe to all the
lists, which they might not want to do; because otherwise, when they
"Reply-all" their post will bounce from the lists to which they are not
subscribed, annoying both them and the list moderator, and depriving the
members of that list from their contribution.  So I still believe there
are merits in not exploding a single conversation across multiple lists.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge
hub | http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational