[bestbits] International civil society letter to Congress to follow up from HRC statement

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 05:38:48 EDT 2013

I am still getting up to speed this morning on how the drafting is going; Anja's points below following others about needing to be clear that including a comment on whistleblowers and also being sure to address the US congress in such a way that makes sense to that audience (which is Kevin's point if I remember many responses back!) need not adopt a position that underscores a US-centric understanding.

As this issue emanates from the US, addressing US representatives is primary. But as Anja notes, internet freedom is not only a US prerogative.

Looking forward to the final 'clean' version so that IRP coalition members can confer and sign up if this is the decision.

Thanks all again for the work!

MF