[bestbits] Best Bits MAG nominations for your approval - URGENT

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 23:39:22 EST 2013

Hi Pranesh,

Those are some of the people, but no I'm referring to the group around here http://vancouvercommunity.net/lists/info/ciresearchers and here http://vancouvercommunity.net/lists/info/cracin-canada and here http://vancouvercommunity.net/lists/info/ci-research-sa and 3 or 4 more, of which the group you are pointing to would be a subset who have been involved in one way or another in a Community Informatics conference which has been held for the last ten years or so annually in Prato, Italy... The organizational dynamics are a bit complicated as the community has grown quite considerably and rhyzomatically and taken a number of directions and organizational forms over the last 10-15 years... The best overall perspective probably can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_informatics...

I try to give a bit of an overview and introduction at a talk I gave at the U. of British Columbia a couple of year ago.. here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWpFiebFRDI

Hope this helps,