[bestbits] New Version of Brazil Marco Civil come with risks

"João Carlos R. Caribé" joao.caribe at me.com
Thu Dec 12 12:39:29 EST 2013

Dears,

Yesterday after our Parliament leader meeting one last one version of Marco Civil are written,
http://idgnow.uol.com.br/blog/circuito/2013/12/11/molon-torna-publicas-novas-mudancas-no-texto-do-marco-civil/

But I'm very worried with this version of Marco Civil, the risks are so big that I prefered to withdraw my personal support for Marco Civil and we are running a debate inside Movimento Mega to public withdraw our support for this version of Marco Civil.

The troubles are:

Article 16 - the dummy and dangerous insistence of our govern to the obligation of data centers of service providers at Brazil, this article under the argument for response to USA vigilance, will put the Brazilian web content more closer to our justice and content removal and user indentification will be faster, but it's not mean be good.

Artciles 21 and 22 - This articles focused on unauthorized sexual material removal could be a wedge to a hardcore content removal with the words "and under copyright" material would be included.  This articles is like Notify and Take down without the rights for the publisher to restore the content without a trial.

That's all for now

--
João Carlos R. Caribé
Consultor