[bestbits] Position by IT for Change and some other NGOs on enhanced cooperation

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Aug 31 21:00:51 EDT 2013

At 19:10 31/08/2013, David Allen wrote:
>  What we can hope for, and surely must encourage, are positions
> that head in the right direction.

Dear David,

What is the definition to give to "direction"? What is the right
direction? Who can uncovers and prove it to be right? Who has
legitimacy to declare it right?
Until know we had an internet referent supposed to provide everyone
guidance on hos to influence those who design, utilize and manage the
internet to work better (RFC 3935). This was the IAB. Through RFC
6852 the IAB has abandonned that role. And no one has replaced it
(nor intends or is meant to).

All I know is that an architectonic esthetic has been documented by
the WSIS. This esthetic is documented as "a people centered
information society". From this I can only try to analyze and
catalyze a "nethiquette" based on our good will, best effort, and
lack of experience in our anthropo+botic society and digitally
extended universe.

As long as the architectonic (what is to be the digital extension we
are building to our 3D world) debate has not been carried, there is
no way to target and support a global system concordance, that a
multistakholder gouvernance can manage, and the operance service
providers can neutraly propose.

jfc