[bestbits] Bangladesh need your attention - Amendment of the ICT Act

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Wed Aug 21 04:06:49 EDT 2013

Dear Joana and colleagues,

What we heard from the local civil society organizations, this new
development of amending the Act is very new, probably only yesterday.

So our contacts there told that after the cabinet's approval, it will be
issued as a presidential ordinance, which will come into action immediately.
This may put other members of Adilur's org in harms way.

Its a point of concern for all of us in the region.

Joana, you work with different UNSRs, I would suggest you to please make
sure that they have seen this and know about these developments.

Best wishes and regards
Shahzad