[bestbits] PCLOB deadline extended to September 15th

Emma Llanso ellanso at cdt.org
Thu Aug 1 18:51:16 EDT 2013

Hi all,

At the last minute, the US Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
has extended their deadline
<http://www.regulations.gov/#%21documentDetail;D=PCLOB-2013-0005-0031>
for public comment until *September 15th*. This means that I'm going to
hold off on submitting the joint letter <http://bestbits.net/pclob/>
that many of you have signed on to -- the extended deadline gives us a
lot more time to solicit signatories for the letter, prepare a media
strategy, and encourage organizations to submit their own comments into
the proceeding.

I continue to think this comment process represents one of the best
opportunities for groups and advocates outside the US to make their
opinions heard to the US government on the NSA surveillance programs.
Thanks again to all of you who've taken the time to engage on this joint
letter, and I hope the extended deadline will give more of you the time
to consider commenting!

Best,
Emma

--