[bestbits] Call for sign on CWG-Internet statement2 (Was Call for comments/signatures: Draft Statement on Rejection of Proposal to Open CWG- Internet)

Deborah Brown deborah at accessnow.org
Mon Aug 26 11:14:56 EDT 2013

Dear all,

Please find the revised statement on the ITU Council's rejection of
proposals to open participation in the Council Working Group on
International Internet-Related Public Policy Issues (CWG-Internet):
http://bestbits.net/cwg-internet-2/

The text takes into account edits in the pad (
https://pad.riseup.net/p/CWG-Internet) as of Monday, 19 August. Thanks to
all who contributed to the editing process.

Please indicate whether you would like to endorse this statement by end of
day *2 September*.

In terms of outreach on the statement, Nnenna suggested targeting specific
Council members.  I think is a good idea and I'm interested in hearing
others' thoughts on this. I've pasted the list of members of the ITU
Council below.

Source: http://www.itu.int/en/council/Pages/members.aspx
Council Membership (2010-2014)

   - *Region A (Americas)*: 9 seats
   Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Mexico, Paraguay, United
   States, Venezuela

   - *Region B (Western Europe)*: 8 seats
   France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey

   - *Region C (Eastern Europe and Northern Asia)*: 5 seats
   Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation

   - *Region D (Africa)*: 13 seats
   Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Morocco,
   Nigeria, Senegal, Rwanda, South Africa, Tunisia

   - *Region E (Asia and Australasia)*: 13 seats
   Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Republic
   of),  Kuwait, Malaysia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, United Arab
   Emirates

Best,
Deborah

--