[bestbits] Important new joint submission to CSTD Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Aug 26 05:13:25 EDT 2013

Dear all

I would prefer that the whole phrase is rewritten; tyrannical is an
emotive word. It has no place in this sort of advocacy.

The UN is not the only place where tyrants take cover. And it is not a
B&W matter either between bad governments and good guy others.

Nuance is in this respect an important ethical stance to take and closer
to the reality.

best
MF

--
Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (UN IGF)
Goldsmiths, University of London
Dept. of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072