Best Bits: Agenda Organization Options

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Sep 10 19:43:13 EDT 2012

On 11/09/2012, at 2:09 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> I'm not opposed to doing any of that, but if this gets as much focus
> as you seem to suggest, and if (as I would conjecture) the majority of
> potential participants does not have a strong particular interest in
> the chosen topic, the majority of potential participants would either
> not come in the first place, or go away feeling empty and unsatisfied.

True enough.  Certainly some of those invited think that the fuss over WCIT is just a beat-up, and others think that "enhanced cooperation" is code for handing the Internet over to the UN.  So my opinion is that we should cover both, in order (as Norbert says) to attract and satisfy the most people, even if they are more interested in some "bits" of the agenda than others.  Hopefully also they will be challenged and may even come away reassessing some of their preconceptions.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015: http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.