Travel and logistics notes for Best Bits

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Oct 30 04:53:03 EDT 2012

For those travelling to Baku for Best Bits and the IGF, here are some
final important notes.

*Ground transport*

The IGF host country is arranging ground transport for those who have
emailed their full itineraries.  You should have received an email about
this from them.  If you didn't, you can try contacting
participant at igf2012.az about this.  Otherwise, if you are booked to stay
at the Days Hotel, they also offer a shuttle and you can email
nurana.salahova at dayshotelbaku.az to arrange your pickup.

*Reimbursements*

If you are being reimbursed in cash for a flight or hotel, Joe Power
from Global Partners has already contacted you to explain how this will
happen, or will do so soon.  We are already slightly over budget for
Best Bits, so please understand that we have no room to budge on the
costs that we may have agreed to reimburse you.  If you have enquiries,
please contact Joe (Joe at global-partners.co.uk) or myself.

*Hotel*

If you are staying at the Days Hotel and have been offered support for
your accommodation, then payment for the number of nights that we have
agreed with you will be made direct to the hotel, thereby reducing the
balance of your bill by two or three nights worth.  You will be solely
responsible for paying the balance.

Since some of your reservations were secured with a Consumers
International credit card, it is important - and I can't stress that
enough - that you pay the balance of the hotel bill yourself, otherwise
Consumers International will incur your room charges!  In the unlikely
event of a dispute over your room bill, please contact me immediately on
+60 12 282 5895.

*Distribution of papers*

We will not be distributing hard copies of the background papers that
were contributed for Best Bits and are collected at
http://bestbits.igf-online.net/background-papers/.  You are encouraged
to read them all online.  We may, however, distribute a one-page framing
document which references these papers.

If you would like everyone to have a hard copy of your paper, then
please bring your own 50 hard copies to Baku to distribute.  We will
also be happy to hand them out for you, if you give them to us in
advance (for example, Andrew and myself will be at breakfast at the Days
Hotel from 8am on Saturday).

*Participant list*

We have had to cap the number of attendees at 50, due to the
above-mentioned budget constraints.  If anyone of you listed as a
participant at http://bestbits.igf-online.net/participants/ no longer
plans to attend in person on both days, please let me know so that I can
tell one of those who is waiting in reserve.  Currently we have three on
the waiting list.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have any other last-minute queries
or concerns.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission -- download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational