ITU statement thread

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Fri Oct 26 14:30:58 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I like Gene's proposal about identifying key concerns in a clear manner,
provided we add to each point a reference to all the sections in the ITRs
that are relevant to that particular point. There are already quite a few
documents around that convey general concerns. If we want governments to
pay attention to our recommendations at this late point in time, I think it
is crucial that we guide them as precisely as possible to all the sections
that we believe either deserve support or need to be thrown out.

Regards content, my own concerns mirror Parminder's points 1-4, but I feel
discomfort about the suggestion to include "operating agencies". What
exactly is it that we would gain by including them here also (rather than
only in national legislation); what would we lose by not doing so?

Thanks and best,
Anja

--
Dr. Anja Kovacs