Summary of ways to participate in Best Bits

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Oct 16 03:27:39 EDT 2012

I am cutting and pasting here from an off-list email summarising the
opportunities that still exist for you to participate in Best Bits,
since I thought that information might be useful to others too.

  * To distribute ownership of the event more widely, the moderators of
    each session are now responsible for finding volunteers to
    contribute to that session (as panelists, discussants, etc, as they
    choose).  So please take a look at
    http://bestbits.igf-online.net/agenda/ and decide which session/s
    you'd like to contribute to.  I can then put you in touch with the
    moderator, or you can contact them directly.
  * Please upload any documents that you'd like the other participants
    to use as resources to the page
    http://bestbits.igf-online.net/background-papers/, by this Friday.
    Instructions on how to do so are there.  Andrew Puddephatt will be
    compiling them together into a briefing pack, and writing an
    introductory paper.  If you have difficulty uploading, let me know.
  * As for the "zero draft" output documents, these have been slower to
    come together than anticipated, however we deliberately have several
    hours to work on them during the event itself.  As things stand we
    do not have draft text, so by all means, please post your ideas to
    the list.
      o For the ITU statement, William Drake is facilitating it and is
        proposing a text focusing on substantive issues, which will be
        submitted to the ITU public comment process on 3 November.
      o For the Internet governance principles, Wolfgang Kleinwächter's
        current proposal is that we use the existing text that APC and
        others worked on for the Council of Europe, which is this one:
        http://www.apc.org/en/node/11199.

In addition:

  * If you have been offered funding for your hotel stay during Best
    Bits, please reply to confirm whether you will be needing this, and
    whether you will be staying at the Days Hotel (in which case we can
    pay the hotel directly for those nights) or elsewhere.
  * If you will be attending Best Bits in person but have not yet
    re-confirmed your registration by completing the form at
    http://bestbits.igf-online.net/registration/, please take one minute
    now do do that.

Thanks!

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission -- download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational