Censorship of postcards at the IGF

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Tue Nov 6 01:57:12 EST 2012

On Nov 06 10:39, Jeremy Malcolm (jeremy at ciroap.org) wrote:

> 2. One of the postcards had a specific reference to a country? There
> is none that I could see, but maybe it is on the reverse side?

The one I have ("Government censorship protecting you from
reality") has a stamp-looking sign on the back with text

"Travel warning
<presented by>
      #Indonesia
<ictwatch forum>
dangerously beautiful"

I've used <> to indicate smaller font - at first look
it seems to say just

"Travel warning - INDONESIA - dangerously beautiful"

While that is a reference to Indonesia, calling it
"dangerously beautiful" sounds like travel advertisement
to me, not any kind of criticism. But I guess it could be
interpreted to be against the rule.

--
Tapani Tarvainen