Censorship of postcards at the IGF

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Tue Nov 6 03:11:18 EST 2012

On Nov 06 15:05, Donny B.U. (dbu at donnybu.com) wrote:

> actually, for the postcard, i dont know if our gov will allowed or not. but
> i pressume, they will not happy also :)

That is fairly obvious. But if presented in the right way, they might
be pushed to a position where they see it in their best interest to take
your side in this.

So I'd like a message saying it's ridiculous for the UN to censor
postcards because they advertise Indonesia as dangerously beautiful,
at the same time praising Indonesia for their (!) pro-freedom-of-speech
stand here.

> internally, in indonesia i mean, we fight for the transparancy of the
> censorship.

Of course. But despite or indeed because of that it might be a good move
to confuse the issue by praising Indonesia as a country for your actions.

--
Tapani Tarvainen