[bestbits] RE: Conflicts of interest (was: WSIS+10 workshop?...

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 22:01:50 EST 2012

That's good Norbert, disclosure and recusal is I believe, a central element
in processes of dealing with conflicts of interest...

In the context of CS as well, I think we need to take into account a broader
definition of what might constitute an "interest" i.e. one that goes beyond
immediate financial return but also includes issues of "national interest"
or "corporate interest" where a close association might mean that there is
at least a potential for being in conflict with what might be understood as
either the "public interest" (as opposed to "private interests") or in our
case the "global public interest" (as opposed to for example a specific
"national public interest").