Second draft of concept note for "Best Bits" meeting - sign-ons now sought

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sun Aug 12 23:28:53 EDT 2012

On 13/08/12 03:25, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> Thanks a lot to Jeremy for putting this together. I think it looks
> great, and I very much hope that funding will work out! This
> initiative is so very important.
>
> In regard to the part where "other supporters of this proposal" can be
> added, I'm pretty confident that if I ask the Board of the Swiss Open
> Systems User Group /ch/open, they'd on the basis of my recommendation be
> willing to be listed. Would that potentially help?

Sure, please ask - and it is important that you be there to talk about
the ECTF proposal, so I'd hope the meeting budget will allow for this -
we'll see.

Meanwhile I'm attaching the third draft, which reflects the few
additional suggestions received since the second draft.  This will
become final by Wednesday, so please speak up if there is anything else.

The only suggestion not yet reflected is that we move the event to 10-11
October so as to be less of a clash with the Budapest Conference on
Cyberspace.  However, that would make it more of a clash with other
things (Australian IGF, for one).  There will always be clashes around
this time of year, but if you feel strongly one way or the other, let me
know.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission -- download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational