Revised plans for Best Bits gathering - now in Baku

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Aug 23 03:37:53 EDT 2012

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the deadline by which to pre-register
for Best Bits in Baku, for purposes of budgeting.  Next week it should
be possible to confirm what level of travel support will be available to
those who have requested it, and where the venue will be.

Once that is done, we will divide up responsibilities for preparation,
such as contributing briefing papers and working on the zero-draft
texts, and add names of speakers and moderators to the agenda items.  So
far Andrew Puddephatt has offered to write an introduction to the
briefing papers, Bill Drake to coordinate the development of a WCIT
statement, and others to speak or moderate - thank you all; further
details of how you can participate will be confirmed next week.

I also hope that everyone will feel free to use this list to discuss the
agenda or any concerns, so that the planning process can be kept fully
transparent.  This is important to dispel any concerns (that someone
expressed to me today) that there may be a political agenda behind the
meeting, to create a new process or body or to supplant existing bodies
or initiatives.  This is not the case, and transparency in the planning
is the best way to make that evident.

Thanks again to everyone for their support of this joint initiative.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission -- download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational