[governance] The NTIA announcement (re: IANA, DNS root)

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 05:33:49 EDT 2015

Louis advance a reflection that deserves attention. We are not yet out of
the woods in this transition on IANA management.

With the rise of attacks in cyberspace, despite the global nature of the
arrangements, each country would take to build its own security in this
virtual world.

Is this the right approach to solution ?? what possible technological
safeguards to consider? The internet has become a universal heritage
because with no physical boundaries.

We also find that technological powers are fighting in the shadows to make
a bit of power in this new dynamics of global governance not only ICANN,
but more particularly the IANA.

In my humble opinion, the involvement and participation of civil society in
all these processes are becoming increasingly indispensable despite the
discrepancies on some positions.

> Many thanks for this short and clear answer from Louis.
>
> Dear Suresh,
>
> it is a question of our perspectives and visions, based on our general
> social principles and visions. A question about, in what world we want
> to live.
>
> many greetings, willi
> Salvador, Brasil
>

> Am 28/08/2015 um 21:53 schrieb Suresh Ramasubramanian:
>
>> Good, let us all go and fragment away our very own local internets. Maybe
>> for France, bring back the old minitel? (Not that that's necessarily a bad
>> thing, it was great while it lasted)
>>
>> --srs
>>
>> On 29-Aug-2015, at 5:13 am, Louis Pouzin (well) <pouzin at well.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi colleagues,
>>>
>>> Nothing new really since last year.
>>>
>>> As predicted the US gov is meandering to keep the status quo till the
>>> next administration comes up to speed, mid 2017 or later.
>>>
>>> Meantime if some countries want to acquire their cyber-sovereignty,
>>> they'd better building it for themselves, possibly with other like minded
>>> countries, rather than getting more colonized with such scams as TTP or
>>> TTIP.
>>>
>>> Louis
>>>

> ---
> Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFEC*

*ICANN/AFRALO Member*
*ISOC Member*
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr