[bestbits] Nothing to do with internet governance or NMI WAS Re: [governance] Whether to participate in NETmundial Initiative - RFC

Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net
Sun Nov 23 05:44:26 EST 2014

Thanks Tapani,

I might misunderstand as well. Who knows?

So going back to the start of the exchange in chronology for clarity

1_MG posted a link about CEO incomes against volume of tax avoidance of their companies

2_McTim replied: "Do you not understand that the system of representative democracy gave us the current regime of tax avoidance being legal?"
(JC's now: tax avoidance is illegal, the US treasurer is the first one to prove it everyday when going after Switzerland and other wrongdoers - very right in my view even though in a very aggressive fashion.... There is no such law, edited by a representative democracy saying that tax avoidance is legal. There are greedy people trying to find legal vacuums to enter the fray. All members of the G20 convened at the Saint Petersburg's meeting were in agreement to chase companies, many of them from the digital sector, that created a culture and practice of tax avoidance, and failed to contribute to local taxpayers efforts)

3_JC's comment: "...Greedy corps looking for more dividends is the first reason, and they pay their fiscal advisor to go get these dirty money (avoidance of tax). The absence of transnational fiscal regulation and convergence is (also) responsible"

4_McTim's comment: "and representative democracy gave us both of the above. Just sayin'"

>From what I read here, McTim is rather clear:  representative democracy is responsible for ("gave us")... Following the reasoning : if representative democracy is responsible, then the solution is simple: change to another system. You do not wish to change it, then we are stuck with all of those problems. If the 'gave us' does not mean "responsible for' then why to push representative democracy at the forefront, instead of simply saying that CEOs "gave us" tax avoidance with the help of a few well paid friends.

There is some plain clear logic at work here
.

JC