[governance] DMP} Statement on Process and Objectives for the Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 09:29:04 EST 2013

Avri,

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I have been largely silent on the list while waiting for my charges
> against another member to be processed,

I fear you may be waiting for Godot.

> I need to respond to one point:
>

> "
> There is no possibility of the ICANN Board reversing these decisions, no
> political games from governments, etc. Truly multi-equal stakeholderism.
> "
>
> NCSG its currently engaged in lengthy appeal against a situation where
> this its indeed our accusation, that the board did indeed reverse bottom up
> decisions.

Correct.  The GNSO and other bits of ICANN are subject to siloism,
representitivty, GAC interference, Board machinations, etc.

I was referring to those ICANN processes that are still immune from
GAC/Board/Staff interference. Namely the ASO, but perhaps the ccNSO, but I
can't testify to that area.

--
Cheers,

McTim