[governance] official announcement of the BR Conference

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 08:58:52 EST 2013

Dear Carlos,
In Portuguese is the word "global" strictly qualifying "Governança", or can
the meaning be taken more generally as "government of the Internet as a
global issue"? In English it could work either way, but Portuguese may have
stricter rules about adjectives.
Thank you
Deirdre

On 16 November 2013 09:42, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:

> Here is the (my) English version of the announcement published in the MCTI
> portal.
>
> Now we know at least the official name: International Conference on Global
> Internet Governance.
>
> frt rgds
>
> --c.a.
>
> =====================
> http://www.mct.gov.br/index.php/content/view/351157.html
>
> International Conference on Global Internet Governance
>
> The Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation (MCTI), Marco Antonio
> Raupp, of Communications, Paulo Bernardo, and of Foreign Affairs, Luiz
> Alberto Figueiredo, will announce on Monday (18) at 10 AM [Brasília Summer
> Time], the International Conference on Global Internet Governance, which
> will be held in Brazil in 2014.
>
> The announcement will take place in the Councils Room of MCTI and will be
> broadcast via videoconference to the 48th meeting of the Internet
> Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), held in Buenos Aires
> (Argentina).
>
> After the event, the ministers will be available for a chat with the media
> on issues relating to Internet governance and cyberspace.
>
> service
>
> What: Announcement of the International Conference on Global Internet
> Governance
> Date : 18/11/2013
> Time : 10 AM Brasília Summer Time
> Location : Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MCTI)
> Address: Esplanade of the Ministries, Block E, 2nd floor, Brasilia
> Press contact : Caroline Rabbit (Ascom MCTI) - (+55-61) 9644-3096 / (+55-61)
> 2033-7515

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979