[governance] Asking the U.S. government to allow Google to publish more national security request data

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jun 12 12:52:48 EDT 2013

McTIm, what you are talking about is entirely a different matter, and
nothing to do with PRISM which pried on actual content of non US ians...
My email is clear abut this, isnt it.... Google's letter is also clear
that it is about Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) requests.
These requests all pertain to actual content of non US isans and that is
not what you are talking about in your email).... Let Google show us any
communication that made to the US gov regarding complying with these
requests. Or you on their behalf. That would be relevant. Of course
Google watches spaces like these. if they have any such letter that
would do a lot to save their face.... So, if they do not come out with
such a letter(s) within a day or two, it is safe to assume that they
never asked th US gov to allow them at least some degree of transparency
on PRISM compliance....  In fact still no one, including Google, has
told us how FISA requests were received and complied with. At least at
this stage someone needs to tell us that. Google and others have simply
denied they knew anything of the name PRISM, but they must certainly
know FISA. We can talk about that. Let  them not tell the number of
requests if they are prohibited from telling the numbers. But let us
know at least what is that we the non US users of Google are exposed.
How does it work... Hos is it possibe for non US ians to trust Google
and other involved companies after this.