[governance] RE: WSIS Forum 2011

shaila mistry shailam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 19:47:37 EDT 2010

Hi
I enjoy coming to Europe so I like the idea of Geneva. Having said that, New
York may also be consideration for the centrality it offers.   As an added
perspective, I have been serving on another Commission at the UN for the past 10
years and despite having our conferences in the midst of blizzard season in
February and March we have had attendance from all regions ranging from
5000-10000 people , One special year we even had 15000 if I'm not mistaken. In
fact if anything the African pacific countries attendance is always strong
example . So notwithstanding visa situation UN NY was and is still a popular
venue.
Shaila Rao Mistry