[governance] THIRD DRAFT statement on enhanced cooperation

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Nov 7 04:10:19 EST 2010

In message <226CD676-A9D1-4E62-8E62-4C9D5E18E8F4 at ciroap.org>, at
07:42:00 on Sun, 7 Nov 2010, Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> writes

>* establishing a new umbrella governance institution for Internet
>policy development,

That's an ambitious concept, and perhaps exactly what the IGF is not
(although if it became decision-making, could perhaps move in that
direction - but I realise many would oppose this).

>with space for the participation of each stakeholder group in its
>respective role

You have to be a bit careful with that soundbite - because some
governments apparently believe that the "respective roles" referred to
are: They decide what needs to be done, everyone else follows those
orders.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org