[governance] Deadline for written Contributions to IGF

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 11 16:43:34 EST 2010

Ginger,
(I am just about rested up from western holidays -- Only to start up again with Chuc Mung Nam Moi -- and Tet)

I would like to see a set of ideals that we would propose for every occassion that would require a paper contribution.  The occassions and sponsors and subject de jour can change but our overriding ideals should always be put forth:::::  on the practical side we would always be ready and always plug (shamelessly I hope;-) our ideals.

1. Seeking the highest levels of participation and contribution.

2. Consistency with the notion of individual rights.

3. Openness and transparency.

4. Inclusive as is reasonable.

5. As bottom up as is reliable.

These are not particular goals or principles. They are just what we have seen time and time again help to prevent bad governance. In keeping with good mandate, we are best serving the Internet, and non-internet community by reminding others of these good ideas. Of course there are many more, but this can encompass all and is never repeated enough.