[governance] Contribution to CSTD inter-sessional panel and to outreach

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 22:59:10 EST 2010

 Dear all,

The document attached is:

a) a contribution to the development of CS arguments about the importance of
multistakeholder participation in the work of the CSTD regarding the IGF. It
is a result of my need to learn more about the WSIS process and the role of
CSTD. I read the main resolutions and reports published over the last years
and wrote a summary of key-points, at first to my use and study only. Then I
thought that this summary could be useful to others who did not participate
in WSIS.

b) A contribution for enhancing our outreach. To mobilize other
organizations, it is important that we all make efforts to explain the main
points CS is dealing with now, that can be very complicated for people who
did not have the chance to follow the process from the start.

If the coordinators believe it is useful, this doc could be upload (do we
have a wiki?) for corrections, comments, detailing, etc. This way we would
always have an updated text and would have access to important references,
resolutions numbers, etc more easily.

Best,

Marilia

--