[governance] USG on ICANN - no movement here

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Sat Aug 9 04:31:57 EDT 2008

Parminder,

On 8/9/08 9:41 AM, "Parminder" <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> Is it Bill that you choose the people you pounce on carefully, or else you
> choose the political positions you pounce on carefully... it has to one, so
> let me know which is it.

Neither, of course, but thanks for the usual rhetorical games. As I and
others have noted before, it¹s just not appropriate for the coordinator of
the caucus to be belligerently picking fights and calling people loaded
names.  Adam didn¹t do it, Jeanette didn¹t do it, Avri didn¹t do it, so why
do you have to?  The reasons not to are obvious, it does the process no good
at all. We¹ve had this discussion before to no effect so presumably such
objections mean nothing to you.  That¹s your choice, disagreeing with it is
mine.

On an unrelated note, I have in the past objected on the list to Milton¹s
penchant for insulting verbiage, with equally zero effect.  But as he¹s not
the coordinator and complaints about it from others are frequent enough, I
don¹t feel the need to chime in on each occasion (although I did send him a
private note about his exchange with Rui).  I don¹t complain about most
other rude messages either, I¹m not the school hall monitor.  I just thought
the coordinator labeling someone a neoimperialist based on a
misrepresentation of his comment was especially egregious.

Let¹s please not waste any more time on this, nobody wants to read this and
we¹re not going to persuade each other.

BD