[Governance] FYI: ITCG's submission regarding the creation and membership of the IGF Leadership Panel

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:02:18 EST 2021

Well done George and ITCG!
Excellent nominations and appointments.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 7:16 PM Arsène Tungali via Governance <
governance at lists.igcaucus.org> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing this with this group, George!
>
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021, 8:41 PM George Sadowsky via Governance <
> governance at lists.igcaucus.org> wrote:
>
>> On 27 November 2021, the Internet Technical Collaboration Group , or
>> ITCG, (https://www.internetcollaboration.org) sent the message below to
>> the Office of the United Nations Secretary-General   We reproduce the
>> letter below, omitting the *curriculum vitae* of the candidates
>> recommended.
>>
>> The Internet Technical Collaboration Group, or ITCG (
>> https://www.internetcollaboration.org) brings together the technical and
>> policy expertise of individuals and organizations involved in the technical
>> evolution and administration of specific Internet resources in a
>> decentralized network approach to policy formulation for the Internet.
>>
>> The ITCG is dedicated to sharing information within the technical
>> community, and ensuring effective and appropriate technical representation
>> in the formulation and implementation of multi-stakeholder Internet
>> governance. Its technical contributors cooperate and coordinate to
>> facilitate constructive contributions to Internet governance fora such as
>> national and international Internet governance meetings.
>>
>> The ITCG is not endorsed by any organization within the Internet
>> ecosystem.  Members of the ITCG participate as individuals. Any output of
>> the ITCG is the result of consensus amongst these individuals, and is not
>> officially endorsed by their employers or any Internet technical
>> organisation.  The views and opinions expressed in any output of the ITCG
>> are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect official policies
>> or positions of their respective institutions.
>>

>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>> Office of the Secretary-General
>> The United Nations
>> New York, NY    USA
>>
>> Dear Mr. Secretary-General,
>>
>> The Internet Technical Collaboration Group (ITCG) has noted the Call for
>> Nominations to an IGF Leadership Panel, issued by the IGF Secretariat at
>> the invitation of the UN Secretary-General on 8 November 2021. We also note
>> the Terms of Reference for the IGF Leadership Panel published on the IGF
>> website.
>>
>> As a group of individuals and organizations involved in the technical
>> evolution and administration of specific Internet resources, the ITCG has
>> regularly provided recommendations to the UN Secretary-General on
>> nominations to the IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF-MAG) on behalf
>> of the Internet technical community stakeholder group. We believe that this
>> group plays a useful role, ensuring that the technical community can be
>> represented by individuals with relevant expertise, trust, and the support
>> of the global technical community. We feel that this model of ensuring
>> effective representation extends to all multistakeholder structures within
>> the IGF.

> [...]

*Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala T*

*P. O. Box 17862*

*Suva*

*Republic of Fiji*

*Cell: +679 7656770; *

*Home: +679 3362003*
*Twitter: @SalanietaT*

*"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the
greatest quality of the mind next to honour." Aristotle*