[Governance] IGF Day 0 pre-event: information

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Tue Nov 30 04:59:16 EST 2021

Dear all,

Here is the proposed agenda for the pre-event. We propose to focus it on
the Global Digital Compact, but if you would like to discuss anything else
please do let us know!

   - 1) Introductions and agenda/aims of pre-event *10-15 minutes *
   - 2) Global Digital Compact: context (UNSG Roadmap and UNSG Common
   Agenda) - *10-15 minutes *
      - Guiding questions
         - What do you think about the Compact idea? Do you think civil
         society should engage? How?
      - 3) Process/consultation/engagement with Tech Envoy's so far and
   expected going forward *10 minutes*
   - * 5) *Break - *10 minutes *
   - 4) Depending on the above - possible discussion of key
   priorities/principles under seven proposed areas of the Digital
Compact 1) Connect
   all people to the Internet,  including all schools 2) Avoid Internet
   fragmentation 3) Protect data 4) Apply human rights online 5) Introduce
   accountability criteria for discrimination and misleading content 6) Promote
   regulation of artificial intelligence 7) Digital commons as a global public
   good *30 minutes*
   - 6) Next steps *10 minutes*

Please do chime in with any inputs if you have any ahead of the event next
week.

Best
Sheetal.