[Governance] 170 orgs send an open letter to UN SG to stop plans for a new High Level Multistakeholder Body

david_allen_ab63 at post.harvard.edu david_allen_ab63 at post.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 22 11:40:37 EDT 2021

— see inline --

> On Mar 22, 2021, at 7:04 AM, suresh <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>
> While I do agree with respectful exchanges of views, sophistry in arguments and padding stakeholder lists with ngos that don’t have any background in the subject matter is just not on.

That is an expression of your view – and received only as such. Others see the matter entirely differently. The contrary has in fact just been reviewed in significant detail now. (And if we want to search for the distraction of sophistry where it may exist, we want to do that throughout.)

> This list exists to debate policy. Unfortunately it occasionally becomes a forum to play politics which is a rather different thing altogether.

So-called ‘politics’ is, it seems, endemic to life, even fo those who may prefer it otherwise. If so, then our challenge is to frame our logical pursuits where the political aspect is rightly acknowledged, while keeping distinct the other elements of the logical progression. So that we may find better paths forward.

> --srs

David Allen