[Governance] Do you work with any of these #WebChampions?
nnenna75 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 03:27:25 EST 2021
On this 32nd anniversary of the web, we are shining light on 9
#WebChampions doing awesome work across the world.
1. *Arda Awais* and *Savena Surana* who formed Identity 2.0
2. *Avi Schiffmann* who created one of the world’s most popular
information hubs <https://ncov2019.live/> tracking COVID-19
3. *Chelsea Slater* who leads InnovateHer <https://innovateher.co.uk/>,
a UK-based social enterprise whose mission is ‘Get girls ready for the tech
industry and the tech industry ready for girls’
4. *Froilan Grate*, an environmental educator and zero-waste advocate.
He is the Asia Pacific Coordinator for GAIA <https://www.no-burn.org>,
president of Mother Earth Foundation in the Philippines, and a founding
core member of the global movement Break Free From Plastic
5. *Hera Hussain*, the founder of Chayn <https://chayn.co/>, an online
volunteer community that creates intersectional resources for survivors of
6. *Ian Mangenga*, the founder and CEO of Digital Girl Africa
<https://za.linkedin.com/company/digitalgirlafrica>, a women-focused
7. *Peter Okwoko* who founded Takataka Plastics
<https://www.takatakaplastics.com/>, a social enterprise that transforms
plastic waste into resources and
8. *Salvador Camacho Hernández*, an Intellectual Property Law attorney
and self-described “hardcore gamer” dedicated to fighting gender inequality
in the growing and lucrative esports and online gaming space. He is the
founder of the GGWP Foundation <https://www.facebook.com/ggwpfoundation/>,
the first NGO in Mexico to take advantage of the esports and videogames
industries as agents for society’s development
Read the letter from Sir Tim Berners-Lee
<https://webfoundation.org/2021/03/web-birthday-32/> and the stories of
these nine young people <https://webfoundation.org/2021/03/web-champions/>.
If you can, give them a #webchampions shout out.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Governance