[Governance] Glossary of Platform Law & Policy Terms

LB at lucabelli.net LB at lucabelli.net
Thu Jan 14 08:46:08 EST 2021

    Dear colleagues,

 I hope this mail finds you well, despite the pandemic situation.

 As many of you already know, over the past year we have developed a Glossary of Key Terms on Platform Law and Policy, thanks to the IGF Coalition on Platform Responsibility*.

 A “commentable” version of the Glossary will be available on the IGF website (here https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/glossary-on-platform-law-and-policy-terms) until 31 January 2021. Everyone is welcome to add feedback, comments or references to his/her works on the matter, alongside the text, section per section.

 We have received relevant feedback over the past months and at the IGF session on Platform Regulations: Towards A Common Vocabulary (video recordings here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzED-xkUYcM), but we are sure there are many viewpoints or works developed by members of this list that deserve to be included/cited. Please feel free to add your comments and references using the IGF platform. Comments and references to works developed by colleagues from the Global South are particularly welcome.

 You can also download the Glossary in pdf format here https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/filedepot_download/4905/2373
 FYI, the Glossary is also listed as one of the official outputs of the IGF 2020, in the Dynamic Coalitions' output section (here https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/dc-coordination-activities).

 Lastly, please feel free to share this email or the linked documents through your networks. The more comments and feedback we receive, the stronger will be the final product.

 I wish an excellent 2021, with less stress, more “normal' life, and multiple vaccines available to everyone!
 All the best,
 Luca

 * The DRAFT Glossary was prepared by the “Glossary Working Group.” The members of the working group are (in alphabetical order): Luca Belli, Vittorio Bertola, Yasmin Curzi de Mendonça, Giovanni De Gregorio, Rossana Ducato, Luã Fergus Oliveira da Cruz, Catalina Goanta, Tamara Gojkovic, Terri Harel, Cynthia Khoo, Stefan Kulk, Paddy Leerssen, Laila Neves Lorenzon, Chris Marsden, Enguerrand Marique, Michael Oghia, Milica Pesic, Courtney Radsch, Roxana Radu, Konstantinos Stylianou, Rolf H. Weber, Chris Wiersma, Monika Zalnieriute and Nicolo Zingales

Luca Belli, PhD
Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation, FGV Law School, Rio de Janeiro
Chercheur Associé, Centre de Droit Public Comparé, Université Paris 2

www.cyberbrics.info  |  www.cpdp.lat  |  www.internet-governance.fgv.br

t: @1lucabelli

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, as well as any attached document, may contain personal data and information that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by mistake.